Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year Folks!

Yeah, yeah...I know. I've been lazy. My lackadaisical attitude towards my blog makes me hang my head down in shame.

Well, its the new year and time for resolutions. Nah, I don't want to go that side. I would like to say that there would be persistent efforts by me to update the blog. The year gone by has been a roller coaster ride with several crests and troughs in its graphs. The new year brings great promise and GOD willing some concrete actions.

While I was working on the 31st of last year, I got some moments during work to pen down some thoughts about the moment of changing from the old to the new. It was sudden and I always like it when inspiration strikes. I read this out to my work colleagues when we celebrated our new years away from the maddening crowds. Here's how it goes:

An ode to the year gone by,
All our trials and tribulations goodbye,
Cheers, adiĆ³s, GODspeed 2010.
It's time to look at all those moments,
which made us cry, moan and dry,
happy, upbeat and filled with joy.

Now is the moment of poignance,
When you step into the new
and leave the old behind.
A fresh start and a close to earlier proceedings.
A common belief is to start anew,
But I say CONTINUE:
Continue striving, Continue excelling.

Do what you used to do,
But as if your life depended on it.
Let me finish by wishing you well for the year gone by,
and the one that lies ahead.
I thank the ONE above and hope that 2011 is
that moment in life when your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment