Thursday 6 January 2011

Life

My purpose of naming the blog 'Defining Life' was because I'm constantly trying to look for my purpose, like Mother Teresa found her calling in serving the destitute's of Kolkata. The following poem was one of the first I ever wrote. Like the previous poem, the language might be crude or childish, but the intention: true. Don't know when I would finally understand how to define life. Until then I persist:

I ponder and ponder over what is life

I often wonder what it is like

Worrying about tomorrow drains our whole life

Life is to live each moment on its own merit.

A casket of mysteries is life,

A mystery that should always remain unsolved.

On seeing a great man dead

‘Why hast Thou lifted his soul?’ I asked God.

I ask God when I look into the mirror,

‘Why hast Thou given him this life?’

He never answers me

I never know the reason why?

Maybe its this what makes life what it is.

‘Life is what you make of it’ said somebody,

‘Life is what destiny’s chosen for you,’ said another.

For a new born

The effort to survive is what is life

And for the aged it is the enduring sleep that is life.

So friends,

Whatever be the definition of life

Live it by your own rules,

‘Cause life comes once not twice.’

No comments:

Post a Comment