Tuesday 17 April 2012

When Will I Walk Alone?

Lately Everything begets responsibility,
Where's the time where we could roam aimlessly,
Like a vagabond,
When the mind is fluid
And borders do seem irrelevant.
Do I pick up my bags and walk?
Do I depart from wonderland and arrive at reality?
Alone have I come here,
But solitude is what I don't seek.
Give me purpose, O GOD,
Because I don't know where I tread.
Doors seem shut now,
Closed for eternity.
I pry open a few
And they lead me to infinity.
The place where I hop out of my soul
And see myself do things 'I' would never do!
Who is this person?
Am I on Auto Control?
Where is that remote gone?
Is this the person you want to be?
No, its just the person you're going to be.
Your soul cries out fowl,
But the mind, ever powerful,
Believes everything is status quo.
Listen to that cry,
Inside, beside and outside you
You promised so much,
Dreams of making it big.
Someday, you thought,
you would build character,
But the horizon is miles apart
And the distance between potential and reality does seem far.
Fret not, I'm going to sleep,
I've much to achieve in my dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! Can totally relate to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) loved it, may be its not just me who feels the same!

    ReplyDelete